• TEDx events are officially licensed by TED.
• Sponsors have no editorial control over the program or speakers. Speakers are chosen by merit only. No one can pay to be included in the program, sponsors cannot present from the stage.
• x = independently organized event – TEDxKabulUniversity is a TEDx event, NOT TED
o In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience.
o At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group.
• The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx events, but individual TEDx events are self-organized. (Subject to certain rules and regulations.)
• TED is a nonprofit organization devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading
o Started as a four-day conference in California about 30 years ago, TED has grown to support those world-changing ideas with multiple initiatives.
o At TED, the world’s leading thinkers and doers are asked to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes.
o Talks are then made available, free, at TED.com.
• Journalists/reporters are not allowed to take pictures or film/videotape the TEDx event.
• We will provide photos made by an in-house photographer. Please let us know in advance if you need photos and when you need them.
• No filming is allowed while the event is taking place; only the designated film crew who is filming the TEDx talks is allowed into the venue to film during talks. Journalists are allowed to make interviews during the breaks or during the rehearsal.
• The TEDx event stage is not allowed to be recorded and used by any media except that the photos/videos are provided by the organizers.
Whom to Interview:
• Shahab Sharifi, Organizer
• Safiullah Hakimi, Co-Organizer