We are seeking inspiring speakers and performers for our upcoming TEDxKabulUniversity events.
Our goal: Ultimately, we’re looking for folks who have made an impact in the world. And we’re looking for presenters to inspire our audience to continue pursuing their own vision for impacting the world around them.
Use this form to suggest a speaker or to nominate yourself. If you do not know the individual personally but feel they have something to say and should be heard, share what you do know and why you think they should be a TEDxKabulUniversity speaker. We do not have a deadline for nominations, but note that speakers are typically finalized at least 40 days prior to each upcoming event.
TEDx speakers should understand these set TED rules: All talks are 18 minutes or less, with most being in the 9-minute range. We have seen 3-minute talks be insanely powerful. The max time each speaker is allotted will be dictated by the total time of the event divided by the total number of speakers and other components of the program.
At the event: Speakers will sit in the audience and enter the stage from the audience. Speakers are expected to stay for the whole event and to mingle with the audience during breaks.
During the talk: The talk must not go over the speaker’s allotted time.
After the talk: Speakers are expected to remain at the event throughout the day; at minimum, they’re expected to stay through the conversation break following their talk, so attendees can approach them and ask questions.
Our goal is to build a powerful program that offers extraordinary voices who have a unique story or unusual perspective. We are inspired by TED’s guidance in speaker selection, by seeking out:
• Local voices that few have heard before
• People who can present their field in a new light
• Perspectives that the global TED community may not have access to
• Diverse demographics, ethnicity, backgrounds, subject matter
• Speakers whose work fits our theme (but don’t be shy to nominate a speaker before our theme is determined!)
• People who can convey their ideas in a dynamic, engaging way.
• People who have a message that transcends their field and involves the listener; they should have an “idea worth spreading.”
Each year we find fresh voices through our online nomination form and each year we are blown away by the amazing people who live, work and play in our community. Now here’s your task: Think of someone you would love to hear at TEDxKabulUniversity and nominate them. We’re always listening.
• THE INVENTOR … sharing an innovation with world-changing potential
• THE TEACHER … sharing valuable knowledge in a memorable way to teenagers or adults
• THE PRODIGY … young talent ready to break out
• THE ARTIST … who can showcase their work in a compelling, new way
• THE PERFORMER … music, dance, comedy, drama … or something entirely different
• THE SAGE … wisdom the world needs from those who have learned it the hard way
• THE ENTHUSIAST … with an infectious passion about a topic they can share
• THE CHANGE AGENT … helping shape the world’s future with work that matters
• THE STORYTELLER … vivid, original, meaningful … with a talent for connection
• THE SPARK … with a powerful idea worth spreading
Who aren’t we looking for?
Product-hawkers, jargon-junkies, dullards, wafflers, motivator wannabes, self-promoters, spouters of new-age fluff.
• Multiple nominations for the same person won’t influence the speaker selection team in any way.
• We do not pay our speakers, and usually, we do not cover travel expenses.
• Our partners/sponsors can’t be speakers.
• Speakers are prohibited from selling on stage or ask for funding from the stage.
• We regret to inform that we will not be able to respond to every single application.